Friday, February 6, 2009

The Twisted Logic Behind Vogue's Covers: Keira Knightley, 4; Halle Berry, 1




OK, so this really irritates me and, quite frankly, just pisses me off to the nth degree. It seems like every time the postman/woman drops off the latest gigantic issue of Vogue, Keira Knightley is on the cover...again. In the past 4 years, Keira's been on the cover of American Vogue 4 times. That's once a year for those of you not mathematically inclined (don't worry, I'm one of you). Is Keira Knightley the last remaining actress on Earth and La Wintour has no choice but to regurgitate her as often as possible? I don't get it. Yeah, she's been in some great movies and she was nominated for an Oscar, but Vogue makes you think she's the second coming of Christ or something!

This whole thing drives me crazy when I think about the fact that Halle Berry (one of the most beautiful and talented actresses of our era AND an Oscar winner) has only been on the cover of Vogue once. Yes, just one time in December 2002 - 6 YEARS AGO!!! I mean, am I the only one who thinks there's something really wrong with this? Halle's been appearing in movies consistently since 2002; she's still an A-lister; she's constantly in the media. Seriously, what gives? I think we both know the reason, but I just don't have the heart to state it right now.

Though she may be beautiful, I am truly sick of seeing Keira Knightley's face on the cover of American Vogue and every other magazine.

BRING BACK HALLE BERRY!

2 comments:

  1. sorry if im about to offend u with my comments - but keira is absolutely n stunningly beautiful - halle berry - well not so much. n i know what u might be thinking but it has nth to do with her being black. i/people Love seeing keira on the cover of vougue n will continue to do so over halle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason they keep putting her on the cover is because she is insect thin. Bland, talentless, and a waste of printing ink, but at least she looks like a concentration camp survivor! Yea!

    ReplyDelete