Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This is EPIC! Michelle Obama on the cover of Vogue


WOW! I am speechless. I can barely contain my excitement so please understand there may be a few typos in this post. 

FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA IS ON THE COVER OF VOGUE!!!

Let's get the superficial stuff out of the way first: She looks gorgeous, natural, approachable and classy. The cover lines are not overdone and don't overwhelm the photo, which is how it should always be. I hate when magazine editors bombard the cover with a hundred inane quotes.

Now, the more profound meaning behind this cover: I hope that this means that Vogue or, more accurately, La Wintour will start to embrace diversity in the pages of her magazine. In order for Vogue to FINALLY get back in touch with the world of fashion and the world at large, it needs to realize that white, anorexic blondes aren't the only people on the planet. I think this is a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. I hope they don't go in the right direction, because then this blog will become significantly less entertaining.

    ReplyDelete