Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No More Gwyneth Paltrow


Gwyneth Paltrow is to me what wire hangers were to Joan Crawford. Okay, so maybe that's not the most appropriate comparison. I don't hate Gwyneth (in fact, I used to worship her), but I'm so tired of seeing her on Vogue covers at least once a year. Is she really that fascinating? Does she really have that much to say? I will leave those up as rhetorical questions.

Also, this cover? Standard Vogue fare: Boring, bland, and just plain bad. There's absolutely nothing special about it. Vogue is supposed to be the bible for fashion and this is the best they can come up with? In a word: Uninspiring.

I want to be wowed for once. I want to keep each issue like I used to instead of dumping it with relief into the recycling bin. If I wasn't a subscriber, I would never ever EVER buy this off the newsstand. I mean, the hair is stuck flat against her face, the dress is unremarkable, and is it just me, or does that pose look really uncomfortable and unnatural? I just wish Vogue would step it up. But I'm starting to think that Vogue doesn't care anymore. Or it has a completely different agenda than what I used to think it had. And I'm not sure what that agenda is now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the cover. I like your blog-hope you check out mine!

    ReplyDelete