Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vogue's May 2009 Cover: Gorgeous!



I was happy as a clam to find the May issue of Vogue in my mailbox today. It seems Vogue has temporarily returned to its senses and finally put supermodels on the cover. This particular one features one of my all-time favorites: Liya Kebede.
Liya's one of those faces that is so preternaturally beautiful that you never tire of looking at it. I'm really glad she's on the front cover this time and not relegated to one of the other two pages of the fold-out. You may have noticed the phenomenon of putting black and other models of color inside the folded sheet so that their faces are essentially invisible on the newsstand.
To be fair the fold-out pages in this issue are beautiful, too. Moreover, the editorial articles inside feature a look into the lives of these great beauties, and I must say I'm truly grateful to La Wintour for sparing me yet another mundane celebrity interview.
Hooray for models, and keep 'em coming!
Unfortch, it's only a matter of time before Vogue goes back to sucking again...Let's give it about a month.

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful, but there's that underlying "It's the '70s so they might be sleeping together"-Heart ad feel to it. HM.

    ReplyDelete